- Why cylinder rent?
Our cylinders often cost ten times as much as the gas. Linde Gas invests each year many millions of euros in the expansion and replacement of the cylinder park to ensure your deliveries. For your safety, the bottles are continuously monitored for secure filling and regularly submitted to official approval.
The management and control of our cylinder park is very expensive. The demands placed on our packages mean that we have to charge cylinder rent in addition to the gas. Do you have any more questions about cylinder rent? Please contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 890 95 10.
- Do you have any questions about your rental invoice?
For questions about your rental invoice, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 890 95 10.
- Are there alternatives to the charging of daily rent?
Yes. You can make an appointment to pay the rent in the form of a lump sum in advance. This is often cheaper than the charging of daily rent and also cheaper than buying your own cylinder. For more detailed information, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 890 95 10.
- How can I see how many of your packages I am using?
You can see the rental specification of your invoice at www.linde-gas.be/shop from which you can monitor the level of your rental balance. We can also enclose a detailed overview of your rental invoices. We do not do so by default because many of our customers have said that they do not want it. To arrange this or for a one-off overview of it, you can also contact our Customer Service Centre on 02-890 95 10.
- Why don't I pay the same rental price for all my cylinders?
- Not every cylinder is equal, some cylinders are more expensive to buy than others. One possible reason for this is the test pressure or because there is an integrated regulator valve. For further details please contact our Customer Service Centre on 02-890 95 10.
- My business has been sold and I sold the cylinders with it, why am I still receiving rental invoices?
- We cannot just transfer the cylinders to another business for legal reasons. For this we need to get permission from the purchasing business. Until we get permission, you remain responsible for the package. It is therefore always advisable to arrange for the new owner to give us his agreement to the rent of the cylinders before transferring them. If the purchaser does not agree, then you should return the cylinders.
- I would like to see a breakdown of my rental invoice.
- ou can find it at www.linde-gas.be/shop. It offers a breakdown by barcode number of rental days and the rate of charge.